[Ifeffit] About S02

Zuzaan, Damdinsuren zuzaan at uni-mainz.de
Fri Mar 27 08:19:02 CDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I am graduate student and doing EXAFS in my research.

My question is about S02. From the XAFS books or theory it says that this value must be between 0.8 to 1, but in the literature some people used different values like 0.25 or 1.4. In my case I fitted experimental RDF of my standard sample by holding the known r and n values for each path, while varying E0, S02 and sigma2. Obtained E0 and S02 values were holded for unknown sample and rest were floated freely. S02 were 0.64. So my question is that this relatively small S02 value could affect the mineralogical interpretations made in my study. Should I refit it using high value? Thanks in advance

Regards,

Damdin