[Ifeffit] (no subject)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 2 10:36:55 CST 2009

Dear Cammelli,

What (if anything) did you refine from the FEFF calculations?  You
would definitely want to refine E0 (origin of k) as a) E0 is usually
chosen on the data in a fairly arbitrary way (say, maximum of 1st
derivative)  and b) the calculations for E0 (even in Feff8) may be off
by a few eV. Such an E0 shift would cause a slight shift in the
k-space spectrum.   You might also need to refine an overall amplitude
factor or an energy width.

Beyond that, what are your goals for simulating the Cu spectra beyond 8Ang?

To simulate this spectra well that far out, you'd definitely want to
look into what thermal disorder parameters to apply.  That's an
interesting topic of study, but not an easy task to do with good
accuracy for these multiple scattering paths.

--Matt