[Ifeffit] Xanes peaks fitting with Athena: no data on output

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jun 10 09:30:59 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 10 June 2009 09:47:22 am Bruce Ravel wrote:
> There is no work around in the current version of Athena -- that
> button is simply broken.  I am planning to make a new release of my
> software some time in the next three weeks or so -- before the APS
> XAFS Summer School next month.  This problem, along with a few others
> that have come to my attention recently, will be fixed in the next
> release.

I was poking around at the peak fitting dialog this morning after
fixing the bug that Ismael reported and decided that I didn't like the
log file that gets written by the peak fitting utility.  The next
version will have a much improved peak fit log file.  The header of
the new log file will contain the same information as the old log
file.  The rest of the log will will be columns of data containing the
energy axis, the data, the fit, each component, and the residual.
Thus the log file will be trivial to import into an external polotting
program.

As I said before, all this should be available by the beginning of
July.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov