[Ifeffit] Proper data processing in Athena with large pre-edge features

Chris Patridge patridge at buffalo.edu
Wed Jul 22 17:20:40 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I am working on Vanadium K-edge EXAFS with various VxOx oxides.  My
question concerns deciding E0 and background spline in Athena.  The K
edge at 5465eV has a large peak before the edge jump and when
subtracting the background and moving to K-space using the default
settings, the Bkgd looks incorrect.  Any suggestions on how to set the
background for further processing?

Thank you everyone as this is my firstpost and first EXAFS analysis,

--
Christopher J. Patridge
Graduate Student