[Ifeffit] Athena XFit report, possible (minor) bug.

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Jul 16 07:51:43 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009 09:33:25 pm you wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>
> I was looking at some Co data this morning, and having a problem whereby
> the XFit program Spline was crashing when trying to read in an XFit report
> output from Athena 0.8.059.  After some head scratching and fidling, I
> figured out it was because the XFit report had used Cobolt as the absorber
> instead of Cobalt.  I'm not even 100% sure this is directly related to
> Athena, although I couldn't find any reference to Cobolt or Cobalt in the
> raw ESRF data.

Stacey,

Wow.  The word "Cobalt" is misspelled in the tool that Athena uses to
translate between Z number and element name.  This is my favorite kind
of bug -- one that is not my fault ;-)

I'll update that tool on the machine that I use to build windows
executables.  The next time I build and release a windows executable,
this will be fixed.

In the meantime, you will need to manually fix that misspelling for
all you Co data.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov