[Ifeffit] new release of my software

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Wed Jul 1 14:30:01 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,

Windows users should soon see that an update is available.  This is a
relatively small thing -- it contains a new build of Athena with fixes
for several recently repoted bugs.  As always, it should get installed
sometime soon when you fire up one of the Ifeffit programs.

For those who build from source, I have also uploaded a new tarball to
my web site (already there) and to SourceForge (available soon).
Along with the bug fixes to Athena, this new tarball (horae-070) is my
attempt to address the serious problems many of you have had in recent
months trying to get my codes installed from source.  The current
tarball contains all of horae as well as all of my libperlxray
modules.  It also includes all the files required to install the
Athena User's Guide (which is why the new tarball is so much larger
than previous ones).  I have writen a general build script and
attempted to explain the installation procedures clearly is files
fouond at the top of tarball.  Let me know how it goes.

For those of you who use the SVN server for the source code, that
remains a useful alternative to using the tarball.  There is no code
in the tarball that is not in the SVN repository.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov