[Ifeffit] Cumulant expansion fittings

Matthew Marcus mamarcus at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 21 22:23:45 CST 2009

OK, here's my alternative for modeling asymmetric distributions:  I use for the effective RDF a Gaussian-broadened exponential tail
function.  The tail function is defined as:

t(r) = (1/|w|)*exp(-r/w)  r*sign(w) >0
         0              r*sign(w) <= 0

This limits to a delta function for w->0.  The complete function is the tail function convolved with a gaussian.  The result has an
analytically-simple FT, so fitting in k-space is
easy.  It adds in a string of cumulants with just one extra parameter.  It has no physical significance, except that it looks sort
of like RDF's from asymmetric potentials.
    mam