[Ifeffit] Cumulant expansion fittings

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Wed Jan 21 21:39:41 CST 2009

Hi Scott,

It could be an interesting direction, to use these type of lattice calculations to predict, as you suggested, what type of structures (or host compounds, for dopands), will, if not make it zero, which is probably impossible, but minimize third cumulant. Thus, it may be a rational way to design materials, at least hypothetically, with controlled thermal expansion, or even the lack of thereof.

I do not care that someone may jump in and patent it, but I will appreciate a Porsche, if possible, when it is licensed.

Anatoly