[Ifeffit] Cumulant expansion fittings

umesh palikundwar uapali at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 08:35:38 CST 2009

Dear all,

Cumulant expansion fittings are generally used, if there are more than one close shells of similar nearest neighbors (if I have understood it correctly). Third and fourth cumulants are used in the fittings to account for non-Gaussian distribution of the neighbors. I would like to known, can one use only fourth cumulant (i.e. without using the third cumulant) in the fittings?

 I will be highly grateful to get the answer to my query.

Umesh