[Ifeffit] Trouble with fitting with Arthemis

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Tue Jan 13 20:59:06 CST 2009

I think you need to start with the shortest paths first and then work your
way to the longer pt-Pt paths.  It is likely that there is some Pt-Pt
there but it is swamped by Pt-O and others as well.  The first thing you
need to figure out is if the peak at 1.1A is real or not.  You might want
to look inthe literature for Pt-H distances.  I know that Pt-O distances
are generally close to 2.0A so that is likely the shoulder below 2.0A It
is possible that the peak just above 2.0A is Pt-Al but you might want to
look this up in the literature.

Once you have worked out the short distances, you can start to put the
Pt-Pt distances in.  It is certainly likely that there is more than one
but the Pt clusters are probably very small.

Cheers,

Carlo