[Ifeffit] Problem running Feff through Artemis on Mac OS

Aaron Slowey aslowey at usgs.gov
Fri Jan 2 16:56:44 CST 2009

Hello,

I have Artemis running on intel Mac OS 10.4 and am unable to get FEFF
to run by using Artemis. I have changed the preferences in the
'atoms' submenu to have feff_version as 7 and template as feff7 and
then I have, under the 'feff' submenu, the path to my feff
executable, specifically "/Users/aslowey/feff/feff7.exe"  I tried
removing the .exe -- no go. Then I reverted back to Artemis' default
settings (feff version 6) and it still didn't work. I relocated both
the feff.inp and feff executable in the same folder, but this also
failed. In all cases, the Artemis palettes window opens to the
Messages tab with red text that Artemis configured
incorrectly...incorrect value of feff->feff_executable.

Is there something about Mac OS that FEFF can't work?

-
Aaron Slowey