[Ifeffit] Possible solution to trouble in artemis analysis

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Feb 5 16:07:16 CST 2009

On Thursday 05 February 2009 04:47:12 pm Kleper Oliveira Rocha wrote:
> Recentilly I post a massage about trouble with analysis in artemis. Well, I
> think that find the solution.
> In Portuguese some words are write with symbols like: fam*í*lia (family),
> prepara*ÇÃ*o (preparation) that are not accept by IFFEFIT programs. In the
> basis of the instalation of Windows XP in my computer and some folders had
> this symbols and this caused the trouble in Athena and Artemis.

Hi Kleper,

I want to state that I acknowledge that this is a problem.  It is
completely unreasonable that my software requires that you read,
write, and even name your directories using the English language
character set.  I had thought that the most recent version of PerlApp
(the thing that turns my programs into Windows executables) had solved
some long standing problems with characters in the upper half of the
ASCII character set.  Clearly, that's not the case.

I will look into this again the next time I make Windows executables.
Sorry for the problem, thanks for your patience.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov