[Ifeffit] Lost second shell

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Wed Feb 4 21:05:39 CST 2009

Yes, we have seen this in samples where presumably Mn was doped into ZnO
nanoparticles.  it turns out that the Mn was on the surface and bound to
the surfactants used to cap the nanoparticles.  In our undulator beam, the
Mn spectrum changes from one scan to another and this clued us into the
fact that Mn was on the surface.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics