[Ifeffit] Self absorption Correction

Carlos Prieto cprieto at icmm.csic.es
Tue Feb 3 03:45:28 CST 2009

Hi,

In the "J. Phys. III (France)" paper you have the expression to
calculate the "information depth"-magnitude.
Self absorption will take place if this magnitude is smaller than
your fine powder size.

Typically, for a non-diluted material "information depth"-magnitude
is (in microns) equal to one tenth of the measured edge energy (in
keV)  that should be compared to your powder grain size.

Carlos Prieto

e-mail: cprieto at icmm.csic.es