[Ifeffit] Mackale's Table for backscattering amplitude

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 3 09:21:39 CST 2009

Dear Mrs Parsai,

Ifeffit includes tabularized scattering amplitudes and phase shifts
from Feff6, which should be a more accurate than the McKale tables. I
believe that M Vaarkamp, et al, Phys Rev B 50, 117872, 1994 showed
this fairly convincingly.

Admittedly, the format of the Feff tables included with Ifeffit are in
a form that only Ifeffit can read.   We could try to fix that.
Generally we use these tables only for rough estimates, as a more
accurate calculation that includes the overlap of neighboring atoms is
just not that time- or resource-intensive.

What would you intend to do with these tables?

Cheers,

--Matt