[Ifeffit] limits for second shell

Eugenio Otal eugenioh at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 22:54:20 CDT 2009

Hi,
I have a sample of a pure Er2O3 (blue line in the attached graph) and a
sample of doped ZnO with erbium that has segregated the same oxide (red
line) by thermal treatmen.
The signal for de segregated oxide gets noisy around k=9 because the sample
is so diluted, but the radial distribution shows second shell signal,
smaller than the pre oxide, but still a signal. My doubt is about how to
know if the second shell is real and if that second shell can be useful to
obtain information. Is there a criteria to know that? Some limit in k-space?
Thanks, euG