[Ifeffit] Pellet sample preparation

Dominik Samuelis d.samuelis at fkf.mpg.de
Wed Aug 19 13:27:43 CDT 2009

Dear list,

for many years, I have used  "Merck Uvasol Polyethylene for
spectroscopy" PE powder as a diluent and binder for pressing
self-supporting pellets especially of air-sensitive substances. When I
today wanted to order a new bottle, I had to learn that it's not
available anymore (actually, since 2002... :-)).

Does anyone of you know about any other supplier of spectroscopy-grade
polyethylene powder? And more general, which binder/diluent do you use
for preparing pellets of sensitive substances ?

Best regards,
Dominik

--
Dr. Dominik Samuelis
d.samuelis at fkf.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung
Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research
Heisenbergstr. 1
70569 Stuttgart
Germany
Phone +49-711-689-1769