[Ifeffit] Is it legitimate to merge transmission data with fluorescence data?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Aug 10 17:34:43 CDT 2009

Dear Fiona,

I think it would be pretty unusual for transmission and fluorescence
data measured at the same time to be of comparable quality and both be
"noisy-but-good-enough" that merging would actually help.  Are you
sure that the data a similar enough (no pinhole or self-absorption
effects) that it really helps to merge the different data sets?

Perhaps posting example data would be a good idea.

--Matt