[Ifeffit] Kapton in glove box

Zajac, Dariusz A. dariusz.zajac at desy.de
Thu Aug 6 02:25:15 CDT 2009

Dear Todd, Dears Alls,
in my lab (Hasylab) many EXAFS users use the glovebox to prepare "air
sensitive" samples. We do not know a lot about your samples, but I can
say from practical aspect, that in the most cases the sample preperation
in the glove box and then closing it in the Kapton tape is sufficient.
Some of the users like one side adhesive Kapton dots, which fits to the
size of pelets we use (in our case it is 13 mm of diameter). Some of the
users use also plastic bags mounted in the glove box on the sample
holder to avoid the sample contact with air during the transport to
experiment area.
I have also one comment - be aware of some Kaptons - I found that some
of them contain a lot of trace elements.
best regards
darek