[Ifeffit] Can't locate Ifeffit.pm

Silvio Levy levy at msri.org
Tue Apr 21 11:10:59 CDT 2009

Hi, I've installed horae on a new laptop after a hiatus.  When I try
to run athena or artemis I get the message

Can't locate Ifeffit.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ...

Setup:
ifeffit-1.2.11c
horae-069
Ubuntu 8.04.1

There is an Ifeffit.pm (in fact two) in the ifeffit-1.2.11c source
directory, so I added it to the PERL5LIB path.  But this didn't solve
the problem; it just pushed it a few yards further. Now I get

Can't locate loadable object for module Ifeffit in @INC (@INC contains: ...

Anybody know the solution?

Note to Bruce: the instructions in 0INSTALL still say
'perl Makefile.PL; make; make install' but the correct thing seems to
be 'perl Build.PL; Build; Build install' as I found on one of your web pages.

Thanks in advance

Silvio