[Ifeffit] Fitting procedure

abhijeet gaur abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 03:11:03 CDT 2009

Hi all,
          I think there is a lot of confusion over the method that i used
for fitting, So I should make it clear here. In this method I fit the first
shell by taking into account only first shell R range i.e. 1.5 - 2.7. Then
after getting a nice fit for the first shell, I extract its parameters and
make them set in Artemis. Then I include the second shell by increasing R
range to 1.5 - 3.6. In the same manner I fit the first three shells of
copper foil and the parameters I got for them are reasonably good.
The problem of high SO2 only lies with one of my foil data which is not as
good as other data. For other good data I got SO2 value for second shell
within the exceptable limit.
One more thing I want to say is that we can check the corelation between
different parameters of shells by making them guess during any step of the
fitting e.g. during the fitting of second shell we can make any parameter of
the first shell to vary and check its corelation with them.
But if I am counting the first shell data twice, I will include only second
shell R range after first shell fit.I think it will not make any difference
to results. If yes please tell me the reasons.
                                                                       with
thanks

Abhijeet gaur