[Ifeffit] Fitting procedure

abhijeet gaur abhijeetgaur9 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 02:29:02 CDT 2009

Hi all,         Thanks to all the concerned persons for having such a
wonderful discussion over fitting procedure. I am able to understand the
things better by going through these discussions. But what I am trying to
say is that I had first applied the fitting procedure in which I make the
parameters of all paths( included in the fit) to vary simultaneously, but
the problem is that I am not able to get a good fit and the parameters for
different paths are also coming absurd like very low amplitude etc. For days
I have been trying this method of fitting but not able to get good results.I
tried different models also like Debye & Einstien model, I used the relation
del r= alpha* Reff but it doesn't work. Then I switch to this the method in
which we fit the first shell, get the parameters fix them and then go for
the next shell and in this way e fix the whole spectra. The results I got
are extremely good. Thus I am using this method.

Abhijeet Gaur