[Ifeffit] [ATOMS] supercell input file

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri Sep 19 10:11:06 CDT 2008

Mauro,

Your problem is a genuine bug.  When I go through the contents of the
cell to determine how many ipots to assign, the Fe atom gets noticed
and added to the list of species in the cell.  I should exclude the
absorber from consideration at that step.

I don't see immediately how to fix that problem, but I'll try to come
up with a solution and check it into svn soon.

I can suggest a work-around.  It still requires editing the feff.inp
file generated, but it is a much less onerous editing chore:

  * In the atoms.inp file, change the iron atom to Ga and give it a
    tag -- something like this:
      Ga 0.444444444444444 0.555555555555555 0.3455528537 Abs

  * Change the value of the "core" keyword to the tag:
      core =	Abs

  * Run feff, and edit the first element of the potentials list.

That is still annoying, but much less so than the feff.inp file you
attached to your email.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov