[Ifeffit] [ATOMS] supercell input file

Kelly, Shelly Shelly.Kelly at uop.com
Fri Sep 19 10:07:22 CDT 2008

Hi Mauro,

If I understand correctly, you would like to generate a feff.inp file from an atoms.inp file where the only Fe atom is the absorber. But the resulting feff.inp file can not be run because it always makes an ipot 1 for a neighboring Fe atom but there are not any. So you have to go in by hand and remove that ipot number and shift the list because the ipot numbers have to go in order.

Yes, this is a feature and not so much a bug in the way that atoms works. Atoms assumes there will always be at least on Fe neighbor.  It cuts some time by moving the last potential in the ipot list to number 1 so that you don't have to change all of them.  You can also cheat by adding an Fe neighbor to the end that is not used and not close to any of the paths that you do use.

Cheers,
Shelly