[Ifeffit] XANES peak fitting

Dominik Samuelis samuelis at pc.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Sep 18 15:50:45 CDT 2008

Dear Jenny,

although it doesn't exactly look like the software in your attached
word file (this probably is some special XPS instrument software),
peak fitting can very nicely be done with the Athena program (Analysis
-> Peak fit). It's got all the features that you'd expect from a peak
fitting software (difference plot, component plot, the possibility to
fix certain values, and an almost arbitrary number of gaussians :-) ).

If you are not restricted to the ifeffit package, the Peak Fitting
Module in OriginLab's Origin Pro also produces nice results. It's not
free software, though.

Cheers,
dominik

Am 18.09.2008 um 21:45 schrieb ifeffit-
request at millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov:

--
Dr. Dominik Samuelis
d.samuelis at fkf.mpg.de
Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung
Heisenbergstr. 1
70569 Stuttgart
Germany
Phone +49-711-689-1769