[Ifeffit] XANES peak fitting

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Sep 18 14:59:01 CDT 2008

On Thursday 18 September 2008 15:45:35 Jenny Cai wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Could anyone tell me which software in Ifeffit package can do peak fitting
> like the one shown in the attached file?

Jenny,

Those look like photo-emission spectroscopy data.  Nothing in the
Ifeffit package is written explicitly for XPS.  That said, Ifeffit is
quite capable of "peak fitting" -- i.e. fitting an arbitrary
combination of line shapes to arbitrary data.  That is exactly what
Athena's peak fitting dialog does:

http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/doc/Athena/html/analysis/peak.html

You might even be able to coerce Athena to do that with XPS data, but
I won't make any promises.

You could certainly write little Ifeffit scripts to do that sort of
peak fitting.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov