[Ifeffit] Bugs in Athena under Windows

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Sep 12 10:41:23 CDT 2008

Timna, Bruce

Thanks for the project.  With a freshly installed ifeffit-1.2.11 on
Windows XP (that is, straight from the download site, not fixed in any
way), I could read this in and merge the data in mu(E), norm(E), or
chi(k) and still have athena be responsive.  That is, I don't see any
trouble with your project file.   Could you explain what actions
trigger the non-responsive behavior?   Like, after reading in the
project file, what steps should I take?   I'd like to check whether
it's related to the earlier problem.

There definitely *is* a problem any time the fix_chik macro (and
possibly other things) are run with the currently distributed athena
0.8.056 for windows.  I'm pretty sure this will be fixed just by
remaking athena.exe with the newer dll.

--Matt