[Ifeffit] chi(k) Athena bug?

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Sep 4 13:57:43 CDT 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008 14:21:16 Olivier wrote:
> As this tiny bug is occurring for all types of data (measured & simulated),
> I do not believe that there is any relation to FEFF.
> It only seems that the newest version of Athena is not able to
> "interpolate" the "missing" chi(k) data, while Artemis does.

That is certainly possible.  Armed with your test files, I can now
look into it.  I'll let everyone know what I find.

Olivier, I want to stress that Matt and I are not being assholes by
insisting on good documentation of the problem you are running into.
I genuinely want to fix the problems in the code, but it is usually
impossible for me to do so only on the basis of a description of the
problem.  By submitting a good bug report, which includes examples of
how to trigger the bug, you are doing a great service to me and to
everyone who uses my code.  Without good and useful feedback from my
many users over the years, my codes would suck a lot more than
actually do.  So ... thank you for participating constructively in
this process.

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov