[Ifeffit] Estimation of S02

Leandro Araujo leandrolangie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 00:39:04 CDT 2008

Hi Hiroshi,

questions very similar to yours have already been asked in the mailing
list and I still think the best answers are those available at:
1- Sections 4,8, 11-13 at http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/FAQ/FeffitModeling
2- This previous thread from the mailing list:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg00182.html
3- This one as well:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg00368.html

As Bruce, Matt, Scott and many others have said, there is no "one fits
all" solution, so I suggest you start from the considerations found in
the links above to select the best approach to your specific system.
And take a good look at other previous threads in the mailing list -
seek and thou shall find...

As far as correlations are concerned, "That is the nature of the exafs
fitting problem. A correlation of 0.8 for either of those pairs
(amp/MSRD and E0/dr) is quite common." (quoting
http://www.mail-archive.com/ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov/msg00523.html).
Excellent pieces of advice on how to handle this problem can be found
in the links mentioned above and the best I can do is direct you to
them. Sorry if this is not the straight answer you were hoping for.

Regarding your Athena project, I suggest tweaking the position of E0
and the k and R windows according to the advice provided in the links
above. The experimental data looks nice and clean up to k~14.5 A-1.

Best of luck,
Leandro

>>> http://xafs.org/Tutorials