[Ifeffit] Estimation of S02

Hiroshi Oji oji-h at spring8.or.jp
Tue Oct 7 04:07:02 CDT 2008

Dear all,

Could you give me some advice on estimating the intrinsic loss factor (S02)?

I am trying to estimate the S02 value in the curve-fitting analysis for
Zr K-edge EXAFS.

To do this, I did the curve-fitting analysis on the first shell of
Fourier transform of Zr-K EXAFS of Zr-foil by Artemis. However, there
was a marked difference between the amps obtained by the fitting,
depending on the "Fit k-weights" as follows.

	kw	amp
	1	0.8145660 +/- 0.0486470
	2	0.9230700 +/- 0.0673820
	3	1.0439100 +/- 0.0854950
	1,2,3	0.9081570 +/- 0.0722180

Is this a usual thing?  I can't find the reasonable explanation why S02
depends on "Fit k-weights".

I attached the Artemis project file.

Hiroshi Oji

 Hiroshi Oji, Dr.
  Industrial Application Division
  Japan Synchrotron Radiation Research Institute (JASRI)
  1-1-1 Kouto, Sayo-cho
  Sayo-gun, Hyogo 679-5198
  JAPAN
  E-mail oji-h at spring8.co.jp