[Ifeffit] Broadening

Eugenio Otal eugenioh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 21:28:37 CDT 2008

Hi Matt,
I have measured the XAFS spectra by absorption.
I really want to avoid obtain over detailed simulated spectras with a LDOS
broadening smaller than core-hole broadening.
So, I want to know the logical criteria to use the eimag in LDOS card.
Thanks, euG

Hi Eugenio,

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Eugenio Otal <eugenioh at gmail.com
>* Hello everybody,
*>* I have a doubt about the LDOS broadening, in xmu.dat I found that core-hole
*>* broadening is 4.163, which value should I use in LDOS broadening to
*>* reproduce the experimental spectra.
*>* Thanks, euG
*
What experimental LDOS data do you have?

If you've measured it by x-ray absorption (which is not exactly the
LDOS), you'll need to include both the experimental energy broadening,
and include the core-hole  broadening.