[Ifeffit] Athena Peak Fitting

Jenny Cai jennyh_cai at yahoo.ca
Wed Oct 1 13:31:46 CDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I am using Athena peak fitting function to fit the sulfur spectrum of my coke sample. I checked everywhere, but couldn't get detailed instruction for using this function. So, I attached a file with this email to get help. Could you please take a look at it, and tell me if I did the fitting right (in terms of fitting procedure only)?

I did the fitting in two ways, and I know both of them have problems. For instance, in the first case, I can't get a good step line and have to cut off the tail of the spectrum. In the second one, peak 1 is way too broad, but if I cut it off, the fitting will be very poor. So, please tell me which way is better, or you have some ideas to improve the fitting.

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Jenny

http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.