[Ifeffit] Athena's application

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Nov 6 13:13:39 CST 2008

Abhijeet,

This is data from the Lytle database.   The first thing you'll need to
do is to add '#'  characters to the first column of the top several
lines of the data file (before the columns of real data start).  But
that's still not enough, as Athena expects data to be in columns of
energy -- this data is not recorded by energy but by steps of the
monochromator rotation stage.  You'll need to convert steps to degrees
and then to energy.  See

    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/FAQ/Data_Handling#head-e7e2389af58d378379f3bbe2a827c73a6df2a42e

For more hints on how to handle this data file.
Cheers,

--Matt