[Ifeffit] Fwd: ifeffit installation

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 4 11:18:06 CST 2008

Hi Makarand,

If upgrading from Windows 98 is not an option, you might be able to
run Athena without the "runner" program, which acts as a wrapper
around the Ifeffit programs.  The best way to do this would be to have
a ".bat" file that ran the correct program for you.   For instance,
you could write this as the file "run_athena.bat":

  @echo off
  SET IFEFFIT_DIR="C:\Program Files\Ifeffit\"
  SET IFEFFIT_BIN=%IFEFFIT_DIR%\bin
  SET PATH=%PATH%;%IFEFFIT_BIN%
  SET PGPLOT_DIR=%IFEFFIT_BIN%
  SET PGPLOT_DEV=/GW

  %IFEFFIT_BIN%\athena.exe
,
This will work around the need for the "runner" program, but I can't
guarantee that this will work.  At this point, I would be surprised if
athena/ifeffit ran well on most Windows98 machines, but it might work.