[Ifeffit] 2008 APS XAFS School

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Fri May 16 09:08:16 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 13:39:48 Matt Newville wrote:
> The application form for the 2008 APS XAFS School is now open:
>     http://cars9.uchicago.edu/xafs_school/2008
>
> Details about this year's APS XAFS School are at
>     http://xafs.org/Workshops/APS2008

Hi everyone!

This year, for the first time, we have obtained funding for a
scholarship from the American Physical Society Forum on international
Physics to bring one participant to the APS XAFS Summer School from a
nation designated by the World Bank as "low" or "lower middle"
income.  Here are the details:

   http://xafs.org/Workshops/APS2008/FIP

Only a small handful of the subscribers to this mailing list qualify
for the scholarship (the details are explained on that wiki page).  I
certainly want to bring this opportunity to their attention.  If any
of the rest of you have colleagues in developing nations who might
benefit by this opportunity, please let them know.

Sadly, we only have funding for a single scholarship this year, so I
anticipate the competition will be tight.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov