[Ifeffit] about TkAtoms

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Mar 17 15:17:14 CDT 2008

Yordy,

I am CCing my answer to the Ifeffit mailing list, which is the most
appropriate place for this sort of thing.

> 1.I would like to know why the TkAtoms software is not in the installation
> last versions of IFFEFIT packages or maybe I dont find or dont know how to
> do it? I would like to know is there is any way to download a package with
> TkAtoms included in it to install in WindowsXP?

See question 5 on this page of the Ifeffit FAQ:

   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/FAQ/RunningFeff

> 2. Is there any software to transform .cif files to .inp files?

I think this question is answered above as well.  Both Artemis and the
command line version of Atoms read a CIF file and convert to a
feff.inp file.

In Artemis, use the normal "open file" dialog and select a CIF file.
If it is a properly structured CIF file, Artemis will recognize it as
such and do the right thing with it.

Go ahead and post questions on the mailing list if you have any
further problems.  Here's the URL if you are not already a member:

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov