[Ifeffit] feff82 issue with perovskites

John J. Rehr jjr at phys.washington.edu
Mon Mar 3 10:53:57 CST 2008

Ciao Francesco,

  Thanks for the comment.

  As you've seen Ba has a sharp edge resonance which confuses the defaults
for calculating phase shifts in FEFF. To tame it, add a little broadening
and a finer grid:

EXCHANGE  0 0 1.0
RGRID 0.01

and the problem seems to goes away.  Also, the problem does not appear
to be visible with FEFF8.4. Fortunately (I think) this is an unusual case.

  Cheers,
  J. Rehr