[Ifeffit] RMULTIPLIER-Card

s440697 at stud.uni-goettingen.de s440697 at stud.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Jun 23 09:33:50 CDT 2008

Hi,
I have a question concerning the RMULTIPLIER-Card in XANES-Calculations. I
made some calculations with different rmult values (1.00, 1.01, 1.05,
1.10) and found a shift of the absorption-edge or rather the slope of the
peak. I attached the diagram of this calculation (Sulfur-K-edge of
gypsum).

My question is, what could be a physical reason for this behaviour? With
this Parameter one change the interatomic disctances. Hence the
interference phenomena and the curve progression should be change, too. Is
this right?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day,
Eckhard

PS: the same behaviour occurs in a inverse sense for rmult < 1

Eckhard Bosman
e.bosman at stud.uni-goettingen.de
+49 (0)551-39-14441
Raum: E0.104