[Ifeffit] quotation of figures

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Wed Jul 16 15:54:46 CDT 2008

Hi Rich,

"Mean-square radial disorder" (MSRD) is one good alternative.

I'll also point out another bit of ambiguity with "Debye-Waller
factor" aside from the confusion with the XRD term. Some EXAFS
practitioners use Debye-Waller factor to indicate all disorder-type
modifications to the EXAFS equation, including higher cumulants. Most
use it only for the Gaussian part; i.e. the second cumulant. Another
good reason to avoid the term.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College