[Ifeffit] third cumulant

grant bunker bunker at iit.edu
Wed Jul 16 12:28:43 CDT 2008

Matthew - as you know, it's trivial to just let b=1/a and the write
the distribution as
(x-x)^s Exp[- (x-x0)/b]
so that the gaussian limit is obtained as b->0.  So infinite
parameters are not a problem.

Your suggestion and other observations are quite right.  In fact, if
convoluting distributions is ok,
you can use whatever your favorites are, since cumulants just add
under convolution.

grant