[Ifeffit] cumulant/rdf question

Matthew mamarcus at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 15 17:52:23 CDT 2008

OK, here's my $0.02.  I've used the convolution of an exponential tail function
exp(-(r-r0)/w)    (r-r0)*w >= 0
0                        (r-r0)*r < 0

with a Gaussian.  This avoids having to have parameters go to infinity to approach a gaussian.  This function
is a little unwieldy in real space but is simple in k-space.
    mam