[Ifeffit] The question about ELNES simulation for alumina

GFE park at gfe.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Jul 14 07:25:07 CDT 2008

Hi all users,

I am one of FEFF8 users and calculating ELNES Al-L3 edges for
gamma-alumina.
Upon calculating ELNES I have problems, since two different
crystallographic sites exist in the structure and contain vacancies with
respect to SOF values.
As I read the article about vacancies here, at first I transformed
coordinations of atoms in P1 group and removed atoms with respect to the
SOF value.
Then I generated input files and simulated ELNES for two different
crystallographic sites.

But here I am not sure if I should just average two spectra or use
proper weighting factor(maybe Wyckhoff number?).
Because I can not easily get the reference spectra, it is not easy to
decide it with appropriate reasons.

I attach my input file. If anyone can help me, please give me advices.