[Ifeffit] Atoms & Feff of cofe2o4

Tai-Yen Chen tychen at mail.chem.tamu.edu
Tue Jan 22 17:21:50 CST 2008

Dear all
   I have one question about crystal structure
construction:
our lab want to simulate exafs spectrum of CoFe2o4. For
the normal spinel structure, the Co is at the Td site and
Fe is at the Oh site. The number of ions (Co) in Td is
only half amount of the ions (Fe) in Oh site. However, the
case we are especially interested in is the inversed
spinel form (which means we want to put the Co2+ in the Oh
site). In this case, all the Td will be Fe, but the Oh
will be Co+Fe. How can I create the atom page to do the
theoretical calculation?
Thanks!!

TaiYen Chen 979-739-7772
Department of Chemistry