[Ifeffit] sorting files in Athena

Zajac, Dariusz dariusz.zajac at desy.de
Fri Feb 22 03:26:48 CST 2008

Dear Mat, Dears
thanks for answers

>The file selection dialog sorts alphabetically.
>
>There is no quick-n-easy way to resort the data groups once in
>Athena.  The best solution would be to name the files in a way
>that alphabetical sorting will be the same as time sorting.
>The way to do that will be to name the first file "f01.fio"
>rather than "r1.fio".

I agree, I do that way or using Alt+[J,K] combination but it is time
consuming
you can imagine how much work you need to do when you have more than 100
files... ;)
there is another way - importing in parts - 1 to 9, 10 - 99, 100 - 999,

if I can suggest, whould be useful the posibility of move marked groups
in Athena, like copy and paste...

>> another problem which apears, is the limitation of the memmory...
>
>That is a well known, well discussed problem.  Ifeffit is
>written in fortran.  Fortran does not have dynamic memory
>allocation.  The only practical solution is tonot read so many
>data files in at a time.

yap, I know this, so I didn't ask about it, but mentioned only ;)

greetings
kicaj