[Ifeffit] How to identify N and O atoms in the first coordinate

mzhu at udel.edu mzhu at udel.edu
Sat Dec 20 09:57:12 CST 2008

Hello JeongEunSuk,
  Following your recommendation, I do find the pre-edge peak corresponding to s->d electron transition slightly shifts to higher energy for a nickel nitrogen-coordinated organic reference than for a nickel oxygen-coordinated organic reference. But the peak position is nearly the same for the nitrogen-coordinated organic reference with the aqueous nickel solution. I guess it is because the long Ni-OH2 bond in the aqueous nickel solution which also results in a less electron density on nickel(higher oxidation state). I will think about that. Thanks for your recommendations.

Best wishes,

Mengqiang Zhu

Mengqiang Zhu
Ph.D Candidate