[Ifeffit] how can i call the function of Athena or Artemis in Python

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 4 17:11:19 CST 2008

On Thursday 04 December 2008 05:52:09 pm Matt Newville wrote:
> I do agree that it would be very nice to have a set of standard
> functions and classes that were not tied to a particular GUI.   I
> think Bruce agrees too, hence Demeter.

It seems worth mentioning that Demeter is already highly usable and ships with
numerous examples, including examples of doing the specific things Jack asked
about.

I use it for my own data analysis chores all the time.  In fact, just today I
wrote this rather elaborate data analysis example to show off some of
Demeter's cool new Feff-related capabilities:
   http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/Demeter/Cookbook/06Uranyl

Of course, using Demeter means writing perl programs.  But that ain't *so*
bad, is it...?

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov