[Ifeffit] Comparison of "amp" between Feff8.40 and feff6 - Curved waves or Plane waves?

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Fri Aug 29 14:48:05 CDT 2008

Hi Ying,

I haven't tried your project files, but in general paths are sorted by
reff. IFeffit makes no assumptions, however, about how paths have been
sorted; by importing paths from different FEFF calculations, for
instance, you can end up with different orders without a problem.

Different versions of FEFF may sometimes number paths differently,
though, primarily because the criteria for throwing out unimportant
paths may be different. So it's important when comparing to make sure
that you're actually using paths that represent the same scattering,
and not just paths that are numbered the same.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College