[Ifeffit] export from large Athena projects

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Mon Aug 25 12:47:35 CDT 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 12:38:46 Kropf, Arthur Jeremy wrote:
> I believe I've seen this one before.  Athena cuts all of the groups to
> the group with the shortest range.

The reason for that is that when you export using the "Save marked
groups to a file" option, you are asking Athena to write several
groups to a common x-axis.  That is, the file will contain the energy
(in the case of mu(E) or norm(E)) in the first column, followed by
columns containing the data.  In order to do that, Athena interpolates
all data onto the energy grid of the first group.  To avoid
interpolation problems, Athena first computes the largest common range
in energy of the marked groups.  As a result, some groups might be
truncated.

As Jeremy suggests -- this is a feature, not a bug ;-)

 Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov