[Ifeffit] Background Subtraction

Scott Calvin SCalvin at slc.edu
Mon Aug 25 10:35:15 CDT 2008

Hi Hashem,

It is not the Rbkg you have to worry about in this case; it is the
normalization.

There are a couple of possibilities. One is that E0 is chosen very
poorly for some reason. Check to make sure that E0 is in the rising
portion of the edge.

The other likely possibility is that either the pre-edge or post-edge
lines are being poorly chosen. Click on those options under the
plotting to see what those lines look like. If necessary change the
pre-edge or normalization ranges to get them straightened out.

--Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College