[Ifeffit] Using the amplitude reduction factor as alinearcombination fitting parameter

Frenkel, Anatoly frenkel at bnl.gov
Tue Apr 29 09:47:45 CDT 2008

An option could be, if you collected just one spectrum, to construct 1st shell EXAFS data for each compound using FEFF and use a linear combination option of Athena to see if there is any value of the mixing fraction of these two theoretical compounds that resemble good fit. You will still need to know the best fit value of S02 obtained previously from standard uranium compounds and use same sigma2 for all U-O bonds. You can define your fitting range using large value of kmin to emphasize the first shell signal better, and do fititing in k space with k-weighting of 1 for the same reason. It can all be done witinin Athena.

Anatoly